Saturday 24 September 2016

Book club (without Oprah Winfrey)

Oscar-Coop-Phane's (featuring me, not always wearing sunglasses indoors but this time for privacy reasons, you know) second novel Tomorrow Berlin

''I think I understood something. You see, I've never liked my generation. Facebook, texts, all that - it has no romanticism. And then, when I came here, and discovered techno and that whole scene, I felt like I belonged to my generation. And I think you have to be modern, absolutely modern. So, as I'm proud of my generation, I decided to stop running away from modernity. I can't remember who said this but it's something like: whoever puts his hands in the wheel of time gets his arm ripped off. I belong to my time; we have our music and our drugs. And I don't want to be like all the people who talk about all that but I have no choice. I want to abandon myself to modernity.''

It's a good book in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. x